157 views
Verified Reviewer

1.9

Second time this happened since 2012.

Bought a 100 year old house in 2011 and began restoration. Small home, but 14 windows - all hand crafted.

8 of those original windows were 72" high, 29 inches wide.

I've been a Home Depot customer since I was a teenager when they started in Atlanta in the 70s.

Went to Home Depot in Villa Rica, GA (2012) and was very clear about those windows as I wanted modern, double payne storm windows. Had to special order. No problem. 2 weeks later this weird salesperson from some company I never heard of shows up saying Home Depot sent them.

That guy was clueless after I asked why because I was installing them myself. Looked at ME like I was dumb when I handed him the measurements, then invited him to walk around the house and measure them himself. He said he didn't do that. I was like "WTF?" Then I told him to leave.

I didn't have time for this nonsense.

I then called the Villa Rica, Ga home depot and told them to cancel the order and lose my phone # after I explained the encounter w/the salesman. The circus continued. But of course, they sent me from one person to the next until FINALLY telling me the person I placed the order with was not there. I'm like "what?

Just forget me, my info, and the call.

Went to Lowe's the next week. Got my special order windows in 2 weeks. Installed them myself over the course of a month. Exactly what I wanted.

Last year, with a friend, I find myself at the same Home Depot doing same thing for his old home.

Same thing happened to him. He did the same thing I did with Lowes in Carrollton, Ga.

We did his windows ourselves in 3 days.

Never going back a Home Depot in my area again. I drive past 2 at least twice a month on my way to Lowes or Tractor Supply.

User's recommendation: Don't go to Home Depot for special size windows OR multiple windows that aren't in stock. Don't give out your personal info w/out being informed who's going to get that information.

Product or Service Mentioned: Home Depot Delivery Service.

Preferred solution: Admit a "mistake" instead of multiplying it w/outside companies to buy their products and services. Don't was self doers time with BS.

Home Depot Pros: Staff used to be more knowledgable than now.

Home Depot Cons: Employees.

Location: 210 Cooley Way, Villa Rica, GA 30180