2.4

I bought a self-cleaning Whirlpool range with Aqualift technology on October 1, 2016. The kitchen was not finished until January 2017.

I have used the oven three times. The soil was minimal. I used the Aqualift self-cleaning feature on May 4, 2017. It did not work at all.

No steam was created. I was left with a soiled oven with lukewarm water in the bottom. I was told by Home Depot that this was the manufacturer's issue. The manufacturer told me Aqualift was not intended to clean the oven...

it was intended to help me clean the oven myself. I would not buy a $1100 self-cleaning oven that requires me to clean it. When I tried to post a negative review, Home Depot blocked it and has now blocked me from leaving any reviews for any of the products I have purchased. I have contacted Jacoby and Meyers Law Firm to see about starting a class action suit against Home Depot for false advertising.

The range was specifically advertised as a self-cleaning oven.

There is already a class action lawsuit against Whirlpool for this issue, however I was unable to join it at this time. If you have the same issue, perhaps an email to Jacoby and Meyers would be helpful.

Product or Service Mentioned: Whirlpool Wee745h0fs Range.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I liked: Easy to buy on line.

I didn't like: Misrepresentation of product.

Comments

Best to just get an ordinary old fashioned oven.

We will also be filing a claim Thank you!

We purchased a whirlpool range with the "aqua lift" feature and it does not work at all. We had a qualified technician look at it and he simply said "can't help you ,it doesn't work" We have asked for our money back but Whirlpool said "no way" Does anyone know if there is a current class action going on in Canada against Whirlpool for this fraud?

to Gary #1585778

I saw a class action proposal. We are supposed to send an email to Jacoby and Meyers Law Firm.

Sure hope so!!! I have never felt so ripped off!!!

I purchased a whirlpoolconvection oven with the aqualift feature and it is the worst self cleaning oven ever! Feature does not clean like it should , I have to scrub and scrub and the side walls never come clean , very very disappointing

I purchased an entire Whirlpool package for my remodeled kitchen. The aqua-lift self clean feature is actually "Clean it Yourself", I feel as though I have stepped back in time.

I will never buy another Whirlpool appliance, because they would not respond to my complaint.

I find that I never cook anything that will dirty the oven. I am going to replace it with another brand

Same issue here.....no help from retail seller....or Maytag.....never buy from either again. Complete junk

myhouse385

Dear Anonymous, you must work for Whorlpool LOL. I have had many ranges. This is the first one that did not self clean as advertised.

No oven is totally self cleaning. You either have the type that heats up to about 800 degrees for several hours and leaves a dusty residue to clean out or the ovens like aqua-lift.

They have a coating on the oven that works with the heated water to release the dirt in the oven so you can easily wipe it away. The benefit of aqua-lift is you don't have the heat that can damage nearby cabinets and heat up the house, not to mention the fumes.

An oven like the aqua-lift is the preferred "self cleaning" oven. It's obvious you have never had a self cleaning oven before and just don't understand how they work.

to Anonymous #1484681

I have had many high heat self cleaning ovens, and yes they too do not totally clean the glass or the edges around the door. But, they always cleaned the oven floor and the oven walls. This Aqualift cleans nothing!

to Anonymous #1585774

I have had a self cleaning oven before. How dare you to talk like we are idiots.

After 30 days and 1 minimal spill, I ran the 40 min aqualift 'self clean' I took the whole 2 cups back out, and nothing had lifted or changed. Ran it 2 times. Definitely false advertising.

That's why there are 2 class action suits in progress. One against Whirlpool, and one against Home Depot.