76 views
Verified Reviewer

Purchased a Maytag washer and dryer January 16th for our home. We were told by the salesperson, that delivery would occur on the 25th of January.

That they had our model in stock. Delivery occurred on February 9th. We did laundry two days later and the washing machine malfunctioned. Loud noises came from the machine and banging along with a strong smell of rubber.

We were told that the store warranty had expired 48 hours after delivery. The nightmare continues. Home Depot told use we were out of luck with them that we have to deal with Maytag. A service call was scheduled for February 18.

That was switched to the 20th of February. We found out that the machine needs a new motor, clutch, belt, and housing. The parts are not available nor in stock at this time. A new service call is scheduled for March 5th with no guarantee that the parts will be in.

We again went to Home Depot but were told that we dont qualify because we didnt get the extended warranty in time.(at the time of purchase we were told that we could wait to buy the extended warranty until later. ) The machine broke before we got through the first load. They wont help us because of their policy of 48 hrs. This is so wrong.

I will never purchase so much as nail from any Home Depot ever again. I have been a loyal customer ever since they opened across the country.

Never again. I will be sharing this story whenever I can.

User's recommendation: Don’t trust the salesmen. They lie to get the sale.

Product or Service Mentioned: Home Depot Washing Machine Warranty.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Home Depot Pros: I use to have faith in them.

Home Depot Cons: Employees and how they treat you.

Location: 2300 Veterans Memorial Parkway, Orange City, FL 32763

Comments

#1986297

Don't buy merchandise from Home Depot due to unstable store management. The merchandise is overpriced and cheaply manufactured. Jamalle( Lumber Dept) Store #415 I'd Norfolk Virginia

#1985631

Home Depot doesn't warranty the machine, Maytag (a division of Whirlpool) does. It's Maytag that sets the rules for the warranty requiring repair rather than replacement of the machine.

I would contact Maytag customer service again and explain that it is a new machine and see if they will authorize an exchange at Home Depot since parts aren't available. I have a 2 year old Maytag dishwasher that has a 10 year warranty on the racks, They are rusting so bad that the tines are falling off.

Maytag agreed to replace the rack on January 4th but as of the 21st of February they still show the order as pending shipment as they don't have any in stock. So much for Maytag dependability.

#1986492
@PissedConsumer1985631

Thanks!! plan a call to Maytag to see where all this goes.

It would be nice to get an honest person to deal with.

Instead of the people that just want to grease us over. Hoping we will go away.

Home Depot Reviews