Verified Reviewer

A very long story, but worth reading if you would like to avoid extremely bad customer experience. Just keep on reading.

I ordered washer and dryer (LG) with pedestals from Lowes two weeks ago (Yes I am aware this is the Home Depot page). We carried machines upstairs (two flights), no significant issues there. Everything went well, installed the machines and the dryer did not work. For some reason, this dryer just did not heat up, we troubleshot everything for several hours/days, and meanwhile guys from Lowes promised to deliver a brand-new dryer as soon as possible (everything is in back order).

They delivered a new dryer very quickly (same series, LG), and it did not work due to some electrical issue. The guys from Lowes were at our home trying to help with this desperate situation for two hours. They were extremely nice, professional and polite. After talking with their manager (and once again troubleshooting everything), they came into conclusion that it must have been just a bad patch from LG.

Well, after having two broken dryers, and being without one several days already, I did not want to risk it anymore. I ordered a brand new set (washer/dryer/2 x pedestals) from Home Depot (GE Appliances), reviews were extremely good and I was really looking forward to receiving my new machines. I called Home Depot a few times to make sure that everything is going well and delivery date is still the same as promised. All was good.

Lowes was supposed to pick up their appliances on Friday, due to some issues with delivery all the LG appliances (washer/dryer/two pedestals) were picked up on Sunday instead on Friday. Not a big deal. Today we were finally meant to get a brand new washer and dryer by GE Appliances. We were looking forward to receiving the appliances.

I was at home all day to make sure everything goes well. Suddenly today on Monday 7 at noon, I received a phone call from a lady who acted in very odd way. She asked if appliances are meant to be delivered upstairs and I stated yes. She was huffing and puffing on the phone and hang up.

I found this very odd, and later on it turned out that this was the first red flag.

The lady called again at 2:48pm, stating that they would be here in 30 minutes. I was waiting and thinking that they perhaps got lost. At 4pm I called Home Depot delivery customer service and it was stated that the delivery is two stops away according to their system. I found this very odd, as the delivery was supposed be here already over 30 minutes ago.

At the same time while the customer service lady was explaining that it will take for a while them to arrive, the delivery truck pulled in our front yard. I went outside to greet.

The lady that I was on the phone earlier (appr. 1.5 hours ago) stepped outside, and acted somewhat confused and odd. She stated that she wants to see exactly where the appliances are going to go.

Meanwhile a man who was with the lady went inside the delivery truck. I showed the lady that all the appliances are going upstairs. She huffed and puffed and barely made it upstairs herself (again, two flights, took appr. 5 minutes to carry all the appliances by the guys from Lowes (twice) earlier).

The exhausted lady huffed and puffed and walked outside, went inside the truck were our appliances were stored, started looking around suspiciously and spoke quietly with the man who was unpacking all the appliances and getting them ready to be delivered. The lady talked with the man for 10-15 minutes (!) and I found it extremely suspicious and very sketchy. At this stage, I contacted my husband and told him that everything is not alright. He was not close by and lady started carrying cords and small installation items to our porch.

Meanwhile the man was inside the truck, where the dryer was stored. The lady grabbed one of the pedestals, and struggled significantly (I needed to offer helping her!) to carry one pedestal to our porch. She dragged the second pedestal box against the ground, the corner of pedestal was actually exposed and got scratched. Suddenly, after she managed to drag two pedestals to our porch, the man shouted that the brand-new dryer by GE Appliances was broken.

The door did not shut at all.

I was literally in shock. What are the odds that the THIRD dryer within two weeks is broken? Not very good odds, I would say. What are the odds that they did not need to carry the machines upstairs out of the sudden due to a broken dryer.

How convenient for them really. The man stated that latches are often broken (almost like cut in two sections with a knife) in GE Appliances machines. Oddly enough, I did not find even SINGLE review stating something about this very common latch issue. All of this makes you wonder whether a little sabotage happened in the back of the truck so that machines did not needed to be carried upstairs.

Very very convenient for them indeed. Almost suspiciously convenient. They did not even unload washer from the truck. I am pretty sure the company is called Spirit Delivery.

Their phone number cannot be tracked either.

All in all. The Home Depot should make sure that the delivery service is RELIABLE and TRUSTWORTHY. All the previous reviews regarding the Home Depot delivery service are suggestive to very bad experiences.

Please see the video attached. This was very sketchy experience overall.

I DO NOT recommend.

Still waiting for the compensation. Please share as much as you like.

#thehomedepot #notworthit #PleaseShare

User's recommendation: NOT RECOMMEND.

Location: 2397 Richmond Road, Lexington, KY 40502