Providence, Rhode Island
1.8

I never received my 10 dollar rebate for the 2 gallons of Behr paint I bought on promotion...I was told it was mailed in June, well we are in Sept and still no 10 dollar rebate...It makes one think it's a scam to get people to buy Behr paint...Its not about the 10 dollars but it is about the fact that they offer something and don't deliver...I will never buy anything from Home Depot after this trick there trying to pull...You lost a great loyal customer...When I called a few times it's the same old story, it's on it's way???? B.S.

That's what I say,,,I'm not the only one complaining so maybe there doing it because there not making money???

Now that I think about it, everytime I go there , nobody is around...Thanks for nothing! I guess I'll be shopping Lowes for now on...I will make sure I pass this along so everyone knows what Home Depot does to there customers...

Product or Service Mentioned: Home Depot Rebate.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Home Depot Pros: Location.

Home Depot Cons: Never any help.

Comments

Machele
#1208298

Stores like HD and Menard's like these rebates because they incentivize shoppers to buy a product with the expectation of getting a good price and some money returned to their pocket. Menard's especially likes their 11% rebates and runs it multiple times a year.

However, if you compare prices, you will find that the 11% rebate is really nothing special and, in fact you can do better by just waiting for a product to go on sale at Menard's or another store. The stores do not process the rebates but hire a rebate processing company to do so. Given that these companies handle thousands of rebates and their personnel are usually minimum wage workers, your chances of actually getting the money in the mail can be problematical. Best to just shop the sales via the store circulars, etc.

and forget about the silly rebates. And, yes HD is losing money corporate-wide.

Home Depot Reviews