143 views
Verified Reviewer

Resolved
5.0
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Oct 22, 2020

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with partial refund. Home Depot refunded most of the charges..

Original review posted by user Sep 22, 2020

I rented a scissor lift. The next morning at 7:30 they call and say my machine has been flagged because your using it on grass which was not true. I corrected them and hung up. About an hour later I get a call from a driver saying he's in front of MY house with the lift. I look out front no lift. I ask the driver what house are you in front of, he says a town an hour away. He said he'd call back. An hour later I get a call from another driver who says he's coming in from PA. At about 11 am he shows, drives the lift down my driveway and goes over the controls with me. He asks me 3 times do you need the key, I say do I need a key he says no. I go over the controls with him showing him I know how to move the machine. He leaves, I go into the house to get my tools come out to the machine operate the controls the machine does not move.

After six calls to the 888 266 **** number I get Kim who says yes, you need a key to operate that lift. Frustrated I ask for the machine to be picked up because I cant use it and it's blocking my driveway. The driver shows up to pick up the machine steps into the lift and drives it on the his trailer. I guess ISTAY needed the key!

After much negotiations and phone calls I get the 150 dollars rental fee deducted. And with a second phone call late in the day a promise of a credit of 99 dollars for the delivery fee.I'm told they will not deduct the 99 dollar pickup fee because they have to pay the driver something.

What a bunch of bull shit.

STAY AWAY FROM HOME DEPOT TOOL RENTAL!!!

THEY ARE A DISASTER.

User's recommendation: STAY AWAY FROM HOME DEPOT RENTAL.

Product or Service Mentioned: Home Depot Tool Rental.

Comments

#1928681

That is the Truth. David (assistant manager of Home Depot at 1268 N Military Hwy in Norfolk, VA.)

Home Depot Reviews