We ordered a custom JELD-WEN sliding glass door from Home Depot on 10/2012.It arrived via delivery van with a crack on the top of vinyl seam.

The 2nd door was delivered with door handle on the wrong side. The 3rd door was delivered and installed. The installers drove staple nails through the vinyl when attaching wood trim. The door leaked rain water into the house.

Had to wait weeks for installers and manufacturer to figure out whose fault it was.

Finally the 4th door was delivered on the back of a pickup truck - cracked.Its been 5 months and the manager of Home Depot wants me to give them some more time!

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Home Depot Manager
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $2000
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Home Depot?

Comments

auldtwa
Seattle, Washington, United States #790248

I have no doubt that Home Depot employees are well trained.The problem is that they subcontract out deliveries.

There are actually two levels: they subcontract to an agent, and the agent hires the actual delivery person. These people are often totally untrained, but act as if they know things they don't.

I recently had a refrigerator "delivered" which the guy refused to install, citing only Policy, which on later investigation proved to be wrong.

He also refused to LEAVE the fridge, even in the box, so my own contractors could install.I am still trying to get delivery of my fridge.

Dallas, Texas, United States #610756

This post is so UNREAL.Home Depot does not DELIVER any PRODUCT in the back of anyone's TRUCK.You are a ***.Trying to get something for NOTHING.Also everything that is DELIVERED by HOMEDEPOT is very well PROTECTED from HARM OF ANY TYPE.WTF.I purchased (2)Door's from HOMEDEPOT.Had them delivered by a friend.Each door was well covered and There was not a scrach anywhere.HomeDepot should SUE YOU FOR SLANDER.

to Anonymous #610783

Yah please sue me, ever heard that a picture is worth a 1000 words. The unfortunate thing is that Home Depot did not know this door was delivered this way. They really should be more aware of what their installers are doing

showroom diva

This is a very goid example of "cheaper isnt always better" I work in plumbing wholsale and the first thing s homeowner will ask is" do you meet lowes/home depot prices...NO.and the reason is we are trained in our oroducts.

We make sure what you will work in your situation..and recommend LICENSED professionals for the install...yourhome is the biggest investment of your life...why in the sam hill people dont use their heads when obtaining products and having them installed is beyond me!

MET
to showroom diva #664938

showroom diva?What is an oroduct and where do you receive training "in" it?

Home Depot requires extensive online and hands on training before a new employee is allowed to interact with customers.

I am pretty sure that Lowes has a similar training program for their employees.

Volume is the reason big box retailers can offer the same product for less.Home depot purchases for over 2000 stores, so prices are negotiated accordingly.