Home Depot Reviews

Show reviews that mention
service store customer service customer order home manager delivery people phone
Filter review

Home Depot, West Vancouver, B.C., Canada Lies

We purchased a kitchen from the Home Depot in West Vancouver, B.C., Canada in April, 2007, during a six month without interest payment promotion. By the end of October, 2007, we still did not have all the cabinets and were unable to install our kitchen. The cabinets, from Kraftmaid, arrived in my Powell River home damaged. I returned most of them at my own expense, hoping to speed up the process of replacing them. The department manager at one point ordered a 15" cabinet when I specifically wanted an 18" cabinet. He told me that I did not have the space. I phoned my husband by cell phone from the store, in his presence, and my husband remeasured the space and said we definitely had the space. He ignored what we said and we received a 15" cabinet which we had to return at our expense, once again. Each time I photographed the cartons when they arrived, and showed him and the kitchen planner the photographs of the damaged cartons. One bill of lading was clearly marked damaged, and still I was the one eyed with suspicion. I never did receive an undamaged tambour unit, which formed the basis for the kitchen that I wanted. In the end I said that I did not want them to reorder anything else as I had a family reunion for Christmas and had to commence intstallations. I discussed my dilemma with the kitchen planner, who was most helpful, and she gave me the number of the credit department, who agreed that due to the length of time it had taken me to get the pieces that I had received, they would offer me three more months of interest free credit. This would mean that my first payment would be in February 2008. Nonetheless, I continue to receive bills with an accumulating interest rate, even though I sent them what I thought was a payment in full on January 4th, 2008. Neither the kitchen department manager nor the assistant store manager will return my phone calls. Despite not being my fault, once the sale is made, complete or not, they don't know you or want to deal with your problems. Pay cash only or take your credit purchases elsewhere. My choices, as I see them, are to try contact the store manager, picket the store, submit a letter to the local newspaper, contact the Better Business Bureau, look at a class action lawsuit as I cannot be the only treated like this by this business and also commence a civil suit for damages that I have sustained due to stress and potentially to my credit rating as I will not pay the bill which is already paid in full! Linda Coomans, dissatisfied customer.

i work at home depot the need to push credit cards to people who can not afford it is stress every day from the manager If we get the a card they will buy more i even if they can not afford it is the statement from the managers mouth each day PUSH credit shop canadian It is not service for problems it is getting people to buy more. As far as talking to the manager and he or she will solve your problem go on line with your receipt ad complain but people names on the complain form this will get results use the manager or the assistant manager name as poor performers they get paid for there performance The get large pay outs passed on this ever 4 months

i agree, odd place to buy kitchen cabinets. Looks like a full service place, but actually is a do-it-yourself place. If you are not comfortable with that, much better to buy elsewhere.

My mom needed two small kitchen cabinets replaced in her very small galley kitchen. Her unit which contained sink and drawers and a corner unit with doors was WWII era.

We stopped in Home depot and liked the selection,prices seemed in line, etc. However we expected that a step would be for a consultant/expert to come out to Mom's and measure, give us suggestions on what our options are, wrong! You sit down at the store and order the cabinets. The clerk uses a simple computer program and it takes a heck of a lot of convincing to get someone to come out and measure for you. We had to decide what we wanted, no imput from the clerk at all, she knew nothing. What is difference between this and this? Opps, don't know. We had to pick the cabinet construction, finish, sink top, sink, fixtures, features, with no imput from the store at all. Very frustrating not to have anyone there who knows anything.

We had to pull teeth to get someone out to measure for the Corian sink and countertop, because it had to be custom made and hey, I have no idea how to do measuring for that! How many holes to cut for the faucet, etc. How do I know? Why am I being asked this? Makes you very uneasy to become a master builder or carpenter, plumber, etc, just because you went to Home Depot to buy a kitchen cabinet. That is why we bought from them, we thought we were getting a bit of expertise. NO.

Finally the specs were all finished, we ordered, paid and waited waited waited. had to schedule the installers, plumbing people, the counter top guy, etc.

Installation started, we had no skirting board, per the installer, we had to go back to store to order, wait, pickup and make appointment with installer to come back. Board was there for a week, but clerks could not find this 12' board at the service counter. I went there at lease 6 times for the board, no dice. Watched other customers getting treated poorly at the desk.

I am surprised we did not have to make the cabinet ourselves with all the work we had to do to get those two little cabinets into mom's house.

Quality was ok as far as I can see. the countertop is especially nice, but I think we can thank the Corian guy they used. Ordered a matching Corian sink too, and that was nicely finished, and after 5 years,is in great shape.

The problem is Home Depot does not have skilled people working in the Kitchen cabinet department. It is a do-it-yourself but you get no discount for doing a lot of the work yourself. Just clerk types who can walk thru their computer program with little cabinet pictures. I am handy with my own home, my mom knew what she wanted, but when faced with all the choices, it would have been wonderful to have someone explain the difference between granite, Corian, etc. the namebrands of cabinets, and give us a little advise. They have all the samples, the cabinets, the knobs, the choices, but give absolutely no help in making a decision. It is expensive, and this clerk was just there to write up the order. Nothing more.

With all the trouble others have had with Home depot in this area, I think it should be a wakeup call to HD to hire some help who knows something. They could certainly sell more if they had someone there who knew something. i.e. Mom could have easily bought some overhead cabinets if it had been easy to do so. But by the time it was all finished (she is 80 years old), that was enough for her.

My mom's cabinets and sink was not cheap, they ran almost $8000 for two units about 7 feet long. For that money and all the stess and frustration, you would think you would get some kind of customer service!

Unless you are handy, a contractor, or able to do all the work yourself,comfortable essentually ordering all the items yourself with no help from them (and accepting the risk you could mess up) skip getting kitchen cabinets at Home Dept.

No kidding, shopping at home depot is so much fun, you can walk out of the store with anything you want and noone seems to care. Even people working there are useless, most of them can't even speak english - holy *** bools, you think you are talking to a profesional electician and he turns to be a philipino dude that talk to you in his own laguage ahahahahah Oh my *** god, they Suck!

Oh what about the shortty, fat and big bely Ryan who used to be a store manager, he is an ***..Ryan W.

who has been relocated to lengly...oh Ryan W. kiss my fat *** mother ***, you are a monster, a lier...you have a major attitude, u think u are very imoprtant- wooo I bet it makes u feel goo- wait a minut I've gotta tell ya that YOU ARE a big ***, ***, *** aghahgahahahahahahaha waist of time, every time you breath is waist of oxygen.

people watch out don't shop at Home Depot-

@PissedConsumer87163

YEAH, LEARN HOW TO SPELL.

We understand and can feel your pain. If you were to change the locations and the names; our situation is almost a mirror image of what has happened to you.

There are so many things that would be different now had we known only a portion of what we'd have to deal with by choosing HD to redo our kitchen. The first thing that would happen is that we'd have had absolutely nothing to do with HD. Basically they are a large group of incompetents.

If you are considering HD for a kitchen, or any installation for that matter; please take the time to read their 'Terms and Conditions' contact first, read it well, take time to digest what it is you are reading; they are all: me, me, me, me and no concern for the customer.

Buyer beware; consider a local builder of cabinets, sadly we didn't, to our own dismay and great loss.

Home Depot is too big and does not care about clients. Time again they screw things up and waste my time.

I am a builder for the last 15 years. Home Depot are undependable with customer service being the least of their worries.

I have tried time and time again to get them business however I always exit the store frustrated and disappointed. It is all about the bottom line revenue model with HD. I have wasted my time talking with clerks and managers explaining all the frustrations I and my 20 contracts have with them. Over the last 4-5 years none of our suggestions have ever been considered and notices their level of service has slid dramatically.

The biggest problem is they have no stock for contractors. Everything now a days is special order. The place is a joke.

I know most of the people working there agree and quote, "They can talk with management but they get now where" Oh well I do not spend any money there now and encourage my staff and contractors not to support them. Period!

MAY I SUGGEST THAT YOU GO IN TO THE STORE GET THE MANAGER AND HAVE A TALK I'M SURE HE WILL TAKE CARE OF HIS PROBLEM GOOD LUCK HAVE A GREAT DAY

View more comments (7)
ID
I went into my local home depto Lompoc California 93436 and tryed to get some help with the construction job I was doing after walking around for 45 minuts I finley found some one that was not hiding or grap *** with the female staff and ask for a product that would...

Judging by the way you spell, not to mention the lack of punctuation, they didn't understand what the *** you were talking about. Also, it is not that hard to do some research.

Your lazy *** had no problem coming onto this website to complain did you? If you would have spent the same amount of time researching you would of known what to get an not made an *** of yourself.

Lompoc, California
Loss
Home Depot installed Beaulieu carpet throughout my elderly in-laws' house in late 2004. We paid for it so that they were hesitant to complain about it to us. We therefore didn't know it was stretching until the one year warranty had passed. I called and wrote...

Bought high end Beaulieu Berber "town square" carpet in 2008 and had it installed in two rooms with very little traffic. We had the carpets only cleaned professionally twice and they really did not need it since the rooms were very low traffic (our living room and guest room) and vacuumed every week or so.

We noticed that a loop or two became loose after vacuuming about a year ago and glued them back in place but now, less than 8 years later, rows of loops came up in two places. Beaulieu refuses to stand behind the product for two reasons: 1) you must have your carpet professionally cleaned every 12 to 18 months and have receipts as proof. 2) But even more ridiculous is that they told me the carpet was only warranted for 1 year (yes, ONE year) against manufacturing defects. Now I didn't expect large compensation but something in consideration.

My expectation for a very low traffic carpet would be for it to last at least ten years. The rest of their warranties for wear, etc.

are for 10 to 20 years which would imply that the carpet could last as long as 20 years!! STAY AWAY!!

Saint Louis, Missouri
Product
Home Depot Warranty
I am currently an employee at Home Depot and when I started with the company, was surprised by the vast amount of dumb questions asked by customers! Customers who have real problems and questions have to wait to be helped because many associates are answering questions...

Same *** people who work there are just an apron wearing version of the *** people shopping there.

People either think you should bow to their 2$ purchase or complain that the store has nothing on the shelf they want.

You're all idiots.

Quit crying. :cry

Olathe, Kansas
Home Depot Cashier

Home Depot Expo is out for contractor against customer

We begin a major home renovation project with Expo design center Sept 4 2007. The project begin late almost 5 months after we signed the customer agreement. Since it begin the contractor Expo uses has been in trouble for not obtaining permits and now the permits he obtained are in question because they do not contain the correct square footag or cost of the project. His sub contractors have installed light switch in rooms where the lights they operate are not located damaging a 2 story wall, they have damaged a ceiling by breaking the condensing drain of the air conditioner, they have damaged the new cabinets that were installed with epoxy and cleaning solutions, they have been caught bringing a child to the job site and sitting on our sofa watching our TV. They have left our home without locking up and the doors wide open on more than one occaison. They have shown up and worked on Sunday afternoon and nights without warning. they have trashed the house and left 4ft by 10 ft mountain of trash in our front yeard when they were supposed to be providing a construction dumpster. Expo keeps promising end dates and admits they are having issues with this contractor on other jobs but nothing ever happens as stated and the job is not complete. Many weeks they only work 3 to 5 hours if at all. This has become a huge nightmare and Home Depot and Expo representives are not helping just allowing the injustices to continue to occur. There are many more issues that could be mentioned but for the sake of space I warn everyone reading BEWARE Expo design centers and Home Depot will make false claims and allow you, your family, and your homes security to be compromised.

Kingsley is an installer for the Expo

My experience with Kingsley Service was terrible. Their installer damaged my place then Ross gave me the run around with my insurance claim.

View more comments (1)
Brentwood, Tennessee

No camera In the package

i have received a broken package with no camera inside. and fed ex don't care after i paid 250.00 dollars. The driver just threw the package in the front and starring running and i was calling him, and he didn't listen. It says a lot about the people fed ex hires. What's wrong - don't they check nothing? His way of running and ignoring was suspicious, is it any way they can track that person of course it is but will you guys do it? Anyways you are a big company and i am not.

Lie about the content in the box to not attract their attention.

Since you did not declare the content correctly, you will not use their claim. So, save the insurance and hope for the best.

I think USPS is as good as any courier service.

Chicago, Illinois
Loss

Home Depot always blames the manufacturer

Cabinets ordered from Home Depot using their perfered manufacturer, Kraftmaid, were delivered in very sub-standard shape. One cabinet was broken and the cabinet doors did not match each other. One drawer had a nail hole in it that had been repaired with putty and the two drawers did not match each other. The worst part of the order was that the four sheets of maple plywood @ $238 each did not match each other, the edges were not square and they were so badly warped that my professional cabinet installer could hardly get it to install smoothly. Half of the plywood sheets were actually particleboard, something Home Depot would like us to believe is standard practice - they call it 'engineered wood' and get to define what that is. To handle our complaints, Home Depot says we need to complain to the manufacturer, Kraftmaid. However, we paid our money to Home Depot and the 15% discount they gave us on the broken cabinet will hardly cover the extra cost we needed to incur in order for our installer to finish the job. Upon review, we find that this is typical Home Depot behavior, something we are addressing with our State Office of Consumer Affairs. I wish I had l known about Home Depot's reputation before I ordered cabinets from them. Dave Great Falls, Montana

home depot is a retailer and kraftmaid is a manufacturer. The manufacturer is responsible for the warrenty not the retailer. I don't know why this is such a hard concept for some people.

Why is home depot to blame when the manufacturer doesn't make the doors on time or the cabinets are damaged by the freight company? It's not like they can pull it out of their *** and give it to you. Go else where and pay more for the same product from the same manufacturer and the same quality.

I agree - and I've heard it before but I guess I needed to be treated like dirt myself before I learned my lesson. When is the customer ever right?

Does H.D. ever stand by their products?

When a customer is treated unfairly they don't care. So they won't be getting any more of my business nor anyone else that just bought a new home and are doing renovations nor the customers that I service myself....some day they'll have to change their ways.

I for one work at home depot and i do agree with Christine. Home depot only sells the items.

Now depending on the store you go to, like mine, we will accept everything to the point where we are just getting screwed. As long as you have your receipt we will return unless the item is a very high amount we will trade only if the person looks suspucious and we have our lps telling us not to return it we cant do much about it. Home depot only repairs or gives you a new item when you buy our extended service plans after the manufactures warrant is done. It is people like the complainer that really needs to go to lowes or just find a different home depot.

Lowes people come to Home depot because they get mad at whatever happens over there like home depot people go to lowes for the same reason. So instead of complaining because you aint the only person just shut up and move on.

home depot does not make anything, they only sell them, they dont manufacture or repair, thats what a warranty is for

The complainer is correct. When you pay H.D. and receive the merchandise, they wash their hands of it. We bought a Cub Cadet riding mower for just under $2000 last summer. It broke after one day's use. The manager said not his problem, call the manufacturer. The district manager, who had sold us the mower in person when he happened to be in that H.D. that day, refused to return my emails. Customer service told me it was our problem now and they would not accept return of the mower.

Cub Cadet was nice enough to pay repairs and transportation for repair. It broke again the next day. Again, Cub Cadet paid for repairs and transportation. It broke again for the third time. We got our money back by complaining to Discover.

I will never buy anything other than nails and flashlights from H.D. My advice: go to Lowe's or any other store for an expensive purchase that requires a warranty because H.D. doesn't back what they sell.

Ohh go *** off, you want to blame Home depot but they are not the one that gave you the product. I have been with home depot since i cant remember when.

Its people like you that I wish would just go to lowes. Be greatfull u got 15% off instead of nothing. If you have a problem with your stuff how about u blame the company it came from. Home depot aint the people that hires the Kraftmaid workers.

So next time you got a problem with your items remember these kind words.

You should of went to lowes!! Then you will see why Home Depot is the Best

I share your frustration. I currently have no interior doors in my home (since Columbus Day weekend) due to Home Depot's lack of competence - which they blamed on the manufacturer.

View more comments (7)
Great Falls, Montana

TERRIBLE service in appliance dept at paramus store

I think everyone in the appliance dept in the paramus store needs to be fired and replaced with friendly, helpful and pleasant sales people. My husband and I were in there recently wanting to buy a fridge. All the sales people in the appliances dept were gathered together joking around. We approached them and they completely ignored us. We then approached the one guy who was not part of the gossiping clan and was sitting at a desk all by himself. He told us that he was too busy to help us and told us to go to somebody else! Unbelievable. We wanted to buy from them but they made it impossible!

please do not by GE WASHER FROM DEPOT FAIRFAX,VA TERRIBLE SERVICE

Newark, New Jersey

Great service sarasota store Cattelman Road

Your head cashier Bethany and a retail clerk, Rita, helped me in a tight problem in a very professional way. I could not find some products I bought the night before. They immediately took my sales slip and replaced the items with a very comfortable situation for me. I think they should be aware of my satisfaction. I was very pleased with this service therefore would not even consider going to your competior Lowe's. The sheves were stocked well, giving a nice selection. thank you Home Depot. Bye for now James D. Mangie Sr. 4699 Springmeadow Lane Sarasota, 34233.
North Port, Florida
Home Depot Cashier

Flowers complaint - bad Begonias at Home Depot

I had visited The Home Depot#2506 in the spring of 2007 and had purchased several flowers, mainly begonias which in approximately 2 1/2 wks after planting them, they started to die off. Found out that they were a bad batch at this store. Spoke with a employee at this store, with nothing but being told to either bring back the rotten flowers or the receipts ,which who keeps receipts for annuals or for that any flowers that are suppose to be in the ground asap. And then when i did ask to speak to the manager, he did not want to deal with this issue. Mind you i had spent over $127.00 just on begonias. This makes me very upset because i should have been offered something for all the troubles i had to deal with. I put the contaminated flowers in the burning barrel and up in smoke they went. Therefore my hesitation to shop at The Home Depot #2506 is on my not to go there list for basically anything pertaining to gardening. I wished that i had saved those flowers and shoved them in the managers face, but did not think i would be treated like i was. Therefore The Home Depot does not always treat the consumer with respect. Believe me, I will go to Lowes from now on and learn my lesson about The Home Depot#2506 Bel Air, Maryland.

lady you are an ***

#1963

there's your key word. annuals.

they were going to die anyways. quit ***.

View more comments (1)
Baltimore, Maryland
I was under the impression that if you brought your measurements, HD would help you plan, buy, and install a kitchen. This, apparently, is not the case. We brought a floor plan with measurements to HD and the kitchen people were excited about turning our 125 year old...

FYI..... most designer's at the Home Depot probably make a larger paycheck then you'd think.

Secondly, processes and proceedures are created because of past experiences. If you want to go to someone local, especially in this time in the economy, it is very likely within the first few years, if not even months they may be long gone, and if you do have an issue (AND THERE ARE ISSUES IN REMODELING AND CONSTRUCTION!) where will they be? Home Depot has a lot of resources behind them to make sure issues are handeled. ALSO, MANY MANY MANY designers that work for Home Depot have tons of experience and have NKBA (National Kitchen and Bath Association) certifications and you can find the ones that do at www.nkba.org Do you research.

Get recommendations from people you know, and ask the designers if they have photos of jobs THEY HAVE DONE that they can show you. Be smart about the process, listen to the people that know what they're doing. AND IF YOU'RE NOT WILLING TO PAY A MEASURE FEE OF $100 WHY SHOULD ANYONE WASTE THEIR TIME DESIGNING FOR YOU???? Also, remember, they don't give out measurments until you purchase.

So, if you want a designer, soley to design; HIRE ONE! They will charge you several hundred dollars to do the same work, and then you can take it to shop around, but 9 times out of 10, they are going to design for you in customer cabinets, and you don't get nearly the finish quaility or warranty like you do with semi-custom modular cabinets like Thomasville Cabinetry.

Home Depot Estimate

Decks Built by Home Remodelers through Home Depot BAD SERVICE!

Back in March we were visited by a slick Home Depot salesperson who sold us on having our deck built by Home Remodelers through Home Depot. We were told we'd be contacted the next day to schedule a visit to assess the plan. No call. Red Flag. Wedecided to excercise our right to cancel within the cancellation period. A rep from Home remodelers called and begged and assured us that he would personally see that the deck got built and that we were happy. Several phone calls to him over the next 10 weeks went unanswered. We kept asking the rep we could contact to find out what was happening with our permit and she just never got back to us. After several calls to her we decided to call our town only to find out that the permit had been sitting there for 2 weeks. No one ever called or came to pick it up even though we were calling and asking them to do so. I feel like they were putting us off because they couldn't really do the job within their contracted time of 8 - 10 weeks and wanted to blame the town for not getting us the permit. Dont fall for the slick sales oitch or the offer to save money if you sign today. Plus, the cost is astronomical, our average sized deck estimate was $23.000! And, Home Depot wants nothing to do woth this even though, on their website, they say they stand behine all services provided. If you call Home Depot they just tell you to call HOme Remodelers. That's not really standing behind their service and, the Home Depot name was the reason we signed the contract in the first place. I'll shop at my local mom and pop hardware shop from now on and call local contractors.
Home Depot Estimate