store service customer service customer home order manager people money delivery

Home Depot - Samsung Washer And Dryer Review from Anchorage, Alaska

We bought a Samsung washer and dryer, $1500.00 dollars we paid, they said they didn't have any in stock, had to order them! Be a couple weeks! In the mean time my washer dies I have to tote my laundry to a public laundromat! Here it is 2 month later no washer, oh we can borrow one of theirs but we have to pick it up? Really unacceptable! I think they should make a law, no merchandise in store NO SALE , we are done oh and oops I know a lot of building contractors, going to Lowes!

If it's been 2 months the problems is more than likely a backorder by Samsung. You don't seem to grasp the idea that a retail store doesn't have someone out back making the products they sell.

When they sold you the washer and dryer they were quoting a delivery time based on the information they were given by Samsung. Your complaint should be about Samsung's slow delivery, not Home Depot's service.

uh if it's not in stock you should have asked how long it would take. there doesn't need to be a law against no merchandise in store no sale there needs to be one against idiots who don't understand how retail works.

and appearently they were trying to make good on it for you by offering you to borrow one but "gasp" you had to pick it up yourself? oh my god the horror of having to do something on y our own ?

@notgivingit

"uh if it's not in stock you should have asked how long it would take"

Uh, Brush up on reading comprehension. He clearly stated they said a couple of weeks which usually implies two weeks in the world I live in couple equals=2.

The operative word here being WEEKS. Now two MONTHS later he has not received a washer. The operative word now being MONTHS.

As far as idiots who don't understand how retail works I don't know much about them. I can tell you about mental midgets who don't understand reading comprehension though.

View more comments (2)
Problem with delivery

HD selling stinky grout for years ! | Home Depot review from Lake Worth, Florida

Remodeling bathroom after Polybend grout was laid down sewer like smell started next day. Of course you would be looking for plumbing issues but after hours of research it turned out to be grout purchased from HD that they selling for years with similar consumer complaints . I am beyond pissed! Zzz zzz zzz zzz zzzz zzzz zzzz zzzz zzzz zzzz zzz zzzz zzzz zzzz zzzz zzzz zzzz zzzz zzzz zzzz zzzz zzzz zzzz zzzz zzzz zzz zzz zzzz zzz zzz zzzzz zzzzz zzzz zzzz zzzz zzzz zzzz zzzz zzzzz zzzzz zzz zzzz zzzz zzzz zzzz zzzz zzzz zzzz zzzz zzzzzz zzz z z z z z z z z z z z z z z cz
Service
Home Depot Remodeling
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution
Reimburse me and stop selling this product !!
This evening, I had one of the most horrendous customer service experiences of my life at the west Home Depot Store in Wichita, Kansas. I had purchased a Campbell Hausfeld air compressor in May of 2013, along with the two-year extended warranty. I never buy extended...

It's interesting looking at this web site that for everyone who's had terrible customer service at Home Depot and will tell every one they know not to shop there and go to Lowes there is someone on the Lowes page saying they will never shop at Lowes and will be going to Home Depot. No matter where you shop you will reach a point where you are not happy with their service, whether it's an actual lapse in their service or their not meeting an unrealistic of a customer.

I am sure the poster, if he indeed owns his own business has at least one customer who wasn't overjoyed with something that happened to them as well. It all boils down to the fact we are dealing with human beings and no one is perfect all of the time.

View more comments
Review
Cons
  • Customer service
Warranty issue

Veterans against Home Depot

Home Depot versus Lowe's - Active vets and disabled vets are given 10% discounts at these two stores. Home Depot doesn't on sales items or material that doesn't have big enough profit margins. Recently purchased sheet rock and insulation and when I asked for discount was told these items don't qualify as they sell them with little mark up. But, at Lowe's same price and they gave discount. Home Depot didn't give discount to 2 appliances I bought, as they were on sale. Lowe's does so who should vets and those who support us buy from - this disabled vet only buys from Lowe's now.

My friends and relatives who are vets find you people to be a total disgrace to their profession. Stop crying on the internet about a 10% discount.

You did not join the military for a 10% discount. For every dollar you spend you save 10 cents.

Sounds to me like you need to be complaining to the government to pay you better if a 10% discount is that big of a deal to you. And why are you entitled to a discount when teachers, doctors, firemen, police officers you name it are not?

Yet another vet whose feelings are hurt because a store doesn't give him a discount on everything he wants. This vet is no better than the teacher that teaches his children, often spending a potion of their wages on classroom supplies to teach his children yet the teacher gets no discount.

PLEASE vets, quit complaining about not getting a discount but be happy when you do get one. Getting a discount or not has nothing to do with whether or not your service was appreciated, it was, just as we appreciate what teachers, police, firefighters and others do as well.

@Anonymous

You all are missing the point. If Home Depot advertises a 20% sale on garden furniture this weekend and you go there and there is no sale and instead the prices are higher than the competitor you would be pissed that they falsely advertised and wasted your time to come in by deception.

Now I know you are going to reply with but they don't advertise the military discount for all products. True, but they rarely honor it at all and usually use the manufacturer of the product as the scapegoat which makes the manufacturer look bad when it wasn't even true. Here is an e-mail from HD HQ apologizing for the store on doing just that to me.

Dear Ms. Burns,

Please accept our humble apology for the misleading information and

quality of customer service you experienced at Home Depot.

Due to the

time I didn't contact you via phone.

John Deere does approve military discounts on their lawn mowers. I will share your information with store management that we may inform our associates in providing accurate information on the products we sell. This issue will be saved under reference number 54167213. If you are in need of further assistance you may reply to this e-mail or contact me at the information below.

Your patronage is important to us. We would never intentionally jeopardize that relationship. Sincerely, Tanisha Webb Resolution Expeditor The Home Depot Store Support Center Customers First ! 2455 Paces Ferry Road, Atlanta, GA 30339 B/3 Phone Number 1-800-654-0688 Ext.

76274 Hours: Mon, Tues, Wed, and Fri 8AM to 5PM; Sunday 9AM to 5:30PM. In my absence, please contact Jordan Weston at extension 76954.

Back story to this is they claimed that John Deere doesn't allow them to give military discount when in fact that isn't true as you can see the lady at HQ said she would share the info with the store. Home Depot is just bad at training their employees on their company policies.

View more comments (2)
Let the company propose a solution
I purchased a bagster from home depot, brought it home, filled it and called for a pickup. The woman who answered the phone at bagster told me that they don't service my area! Why the *** would they have their product sold in areas they don't service?!? Then I contact...

The instructions on the bagster packages I have seen tell you to check and see if pick up is available in your area before using. Did you take time to read the instructions or are you one of those that doesn't need to read instructions?

Review
Pros
  • Product availability
Cons
  • Terrible customer service
  • Sell product but dont service area
  • Thieves
Reason of review
promise service and blow customers offo y
Preferred solution
cease selling their product in areas they don't service!

Home Depot is not fit to sell appliances

HD sold me a dryer that should have been equipped for a propane supplied home, but was equipped for natural gas. The employee never asked in the entire sales process what type of gas my home has. This resulted in repeated fires and poor efficiency (!) of the dryer. Upon sharing the information with HD, all they offered was to install the conversion kit (the conversion kit SHOULD HAVE BEEN INSTALLED in the first place) After finding charcoal stains in the dryer drum and asking the Fire Marshal to come inspect it, he deemed it unsafe for use. HD STILL didn't care, and never offered to have an expert come inspect the dryer. They offered nothing. This company should not be allowed to sell serious appliance with their inept staff selling on the floor.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hmm. It was MY dryer which had repeated fires in it.

Not sure what your investment in it is. I don't wear big BOY pants because I'm a grown woman and the sales staff at Best BUy DID ask about the type of gas I have and therefore sold me the correct replacement dryer. That's professional.

All Home Depot was interested in was the quickest way possible to shut the case.

They never suggested having someone come LOOK at the damage already done to the dryer (extensive).

Oh, and their "repairman" (from A&E appliance repair) claimed the charred stains were from "crayons in kids' pockets")

Feel free to shop wherever you'd like. Good luck.

Let's see here, you didn't tell them you had LP (not the common gas used in most homes) AND YOU failed to read the instruction manual that came with the dryer. In that manual you would have read that it is a natural gas dryer and that LP conversion kits were available.

You don't mention who installed the dryer. The installer should have confirmed the dryer was set to use LP gas.

@Anonymous

You are right that the incompetent installer HIRED by and CONTRACTED by Home Depot should have confirmed the dryer was set to use LP or not have installed it.

Hang on...YOU were buying the dryer for YOUR home. It's your responsibility to make known what you need.

They aren't psychic. How about you put on your big boy pants and realize that it was YOUR goof.

View more comments (3)
Review
Cons
  • Unwilling to fix problems
  • Inept employees selling appliances
Reason of review
I want the new dryer I had to purchase to be covered by HD and, the $27 conversion kit they required I pay for, to be reimbursed for that too.

Practicing Bigotry | Home Depot review from Lakewood, California

As a customer I have lived in Lakewood California all my life. I have shopped at home Depot for many years. Today I went to shop at home Depot and realized every white person and African American that use to work there do not work there anymore. Everyone has been replaced with Latinos that barley speaks English. Is this not America anymore? Do we only hire one race of people? Half of my family is Latinos but I would never want anyone race of people to take priority on who gets a job. I will never shop at home depot again and I will make it a priority to talk about this to all my neighbors in Lakewood. Lakewood is still a small town and words travel fast. Shame on you Home Depot, Lowes will take over your business in Lakewood.

"barley speaks English"

Along with you?

Sounds like you are the one practicing bigotry.

View more comments (1)
Review
Cons
  • Sales person
Fair hireing practices

Home Depot Kitchen Mess

Never go to Home Depot for your kitchen Refacing Project!!! It has been four months and we still aren't done with this kitchen. They will not refund your money and they are way over priced!!! We had one problem after another with this process. They send in people to install that have no business even in your home let alone trying to install your kitchen. They cut the wire inside my wall to my dishwasher and left it in there. Could have started our house on fire. They left leaky hoses waded up in towels in place of the dishwasher that their installers could not install!!!! Please Please never go to them!! YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!!!

If you had done your homework you would have found replacing your cabinets isn't much more expensive than re-facing. You still have your old boxes and drawers, just a pretty exterior.

Never buy an installed project from a big box store.

It's fine to but the material there but find your own contractor that you can check references on. Going through a big box store the hire whoever will do the job for the lowest price.

Review
Cons
  • Unwilling to fix thier problem
  • Their customer service
Poor customer service

Want to feel like a thief buy a big box from Home depot

went into Home depot to purchase a safe for my father in law. I grabbed a cart and proceed to grab the safe by the straps and put it on the cart. I bring the safe up to the cashier to pay for the item. The cashier comes over without saying a word and proceeds to break open the box. I asked what was she doing and that it was a gift and needed the box in tact. She proceeds to cut open the box and says that she is just making sure everything was in the box. I replied with the box is sealed shut why wouldn't it be and that I needed the straps since the safe is quite large and heavy to carry. My statements went unheard and I hurt by back trying to lift the heavy box without the straps.

as someone who works retail I can tell you this is common. it's because unfortunately many people take boxes like that open them and stuff them with other items then put the straps on to make it appear sealed in order to try and get away with lots more $$$ of stuff then they're paying for. this is common in this type of product as well as any type of vanity and many other big box that is easily opened and resealed.

in the end it's to protect the store from theft and you from paying even higher prices since theft causes prices to rise in the end since it's unpaid for product that needs replacing thus passing the costs down to you the consumer.

I'm not excusing what she did but for your won safety DON'T carry a box like that by the straps. They are just there to hold the box shut.

It is not uncommon for them to break if used for carrying the box and you can be hurt worse by the falling box than you can buy trying to lift the box alone. Get help moving large items.

View more comments (1)
Service
Home Depot Cashier
Cons
  • Cashier
  • Unwilling to fix problems
  • Policy
Poor customer service

Home depot cancels Christmas order does not notify me.

Home depot cancelled my Christmas order and never notified me. Called to find out why, they gave me the runaround and asked me to reorder. I never received an email or phone call to notify me of any problems with my order, I only became aware after a week of not hearing anything I decided to go online and checked what was going on. Never order from Home depot especially during the holidays unless you really do not need the item. My wife will be without a Christmas present because of they're incompetence. They can not even guarantee that if I reorder that it will get here before Christmas.
Reason of review
cancelled order that did not need to be cancelled.
Let the company propose a solution