Rainsoft and Home Depot
Last week I was with my son at the Kennesaw Home Depot store shopping for some items for my home. I was approached by a young blond named Sarah wearing an orange apron asking me about my water and do I use a purifier. I gave her my name, address, and phone number. Later that day, I was called on my phone to set up an appointment for an in home water test.
A couple of days later, a sales man shows up at my door. The sells man works for Rainsoft. He sets everything up with my tap water on one side of the counter and his filtered water on the other. He tried to show me how my water is hard and dirty. He would mix soap with the different water samples and shake the containers. His water would foam up and my tap water would not. He told me that the soap was busy cleaning the water and this is the reason for the lack of foam in my water. I researched the real reason for the lack of foam. It's due to the minerals in the water, not being dirty. I bought a GE profile refrigerator from the Woodstock Home depot a year ago. It has a water filter on it. Grant told me after three weeks, the water out of my refrigerator is dirtier than my tap water. He said it was because of bacteria build up. He went on to tell me I would save money on cleaning supplies because pure water is the best cleaning agent. He would clean one of my mirrors with his filtered water. Then move his fingers across it, showing me that it puts a protective covering on it, preventing smearing. Next test was water hardness test, in which my tap water tested hard. I have worked on the plumbing in my home. The pipes have been there for twenty five years. I bought a washer and drier from you and had to move the connections down to the basement. There was no build up in the pipes.
I was sold at first. I really did not know too much about water. Grant told me NASA and Starbucks uses there unit to clean their water. The price was $8000.00 with a five year supply of soap worth $8000.00. They installed the unit. It had big salt blocks in a container. I am glad I do not have high blood pressure.
Two days later, I began feeling buyer's remorse. I thought about all what just happened. I went to the Rainsoft place of operation. The first person I saw was Sarah. Yes, the same Sarah that works for you on the weekends and the one who took my name and number. I asked her, "I thought you worked at Home Depot." Sarah said in an uncomfortable voice, "I work there on the weekends." In my head I thought to myself, "This is just not ethical." During my visit at Rainsoft place of business, there were two sales people, at different times, trying to resell me on the water purifier. The pressure was intense in which they made me feel guilty for not keeping the water purifier. I had my common sense keeping me from giving in to this nonsense. Since three days have not passed yet, they had to remove the water purifier.
The next day the same guy who installed the water purifier showed up to remove it. He also tried to talk me into keeping the unit. He even went as low as to using biblical pestilent end times in revelations as a reason for keeping the unit. Fear is not a logical reason for buying anything.
Now, how do I feel about Home Depot after this event? I do not like how Rainsoft road into my home on top of Home Depot's coat tail. What I mean by this is the trust I had for you, was used in an attempted scam. The unit is not even NSF certified. I have bought several expensive things from a washer and dryer to a complete kitchen with all the appliances. I deserve to be treated better than this. I feel angry that Home Depots management agreed to let this go on in there store. Do you back this product up? Rainsoft said you did. If this is true, I feel the name Home Depot is nothing but a name to me now. To Home Depots management, to feel as I do, you should ask Rainsoft to test your own home water yourself. This may show how your customer's hard earned money is being taken. I got out before the three days was up, but many do not.c355780 review #337959
You may also like
- "I have been a loyal Sears customer for many many years. I have always believed that Sears products stood for quality in a day when so many things are..."
- "Starts with an amazing sales pitch. First day of installation, 4of 8 windows missing in the truck and bathroom window too short.Reschedules, multiple re-measurements, multiple NO SHOWS and reschedules.Difficulties in..."
- "I had my entire home done in 3/4 in Jasson Brazillian cherry hardwood from Home Depot and my flooring is less than three years old and is uncleanable.I used Bona..."
- "Super Target in Boyton Beach FL ..wed Nov 26 6pm..walking in we saw entrance totally overrun in trash. My wife told a sales associate of problem. .assured the manager would..."
- "Sign says OPEN TIL MIDNIGHT OR LATER,but they were shutdown by 11:45. I wasn't the only one trying to go through the drive thru. Fase advertising . I went..."
- "Four months after I placed the order, my kitchen looks like this, happy thanksgiving without 18 base and simple dishwasher panel!..."
- "Scam artists. They write there own fake reviews. You will loose your *** with these *** artists. Then the little money you have left they will fine the *** out..."
- "A horrible experience and had to spend more money after the job was done. Initially we hired Rod to remove our old carpet and install wood flooring on a staircase...."
- "After 5 years the structure of the so called QUALITY home is starting to rotten (door frame on back door, design balcony on main entry), questionable roof construction, VERY questionable..."