Rainsoft and Home Depot
Last week I was with my son at the Kennesaw Home Depot store shopping for some items for my home. I was approached by a young blond named Sarah wearing an orange apron asking me about my water and do I use a purifier. I gave her my name, address, and phone number. Later that day, I was called on my phone to set up an appointment for an in home water test.
A couple of days later, a sales man shows up at my door. The sells man works for Rainsoft. He sets everything up with my tap water on one side of the counter and his filtered water on the other. He tried to show me how my water is hard and dirty. He would mix soap with the different water samples and shake the containers. His water would foam up and my tap water would not. He told me that the soap was busy cleaning the water and this is the reason for the lack of foam in my water. I researched the real reason for the lack of foam. It's due to the minerals in the water, not being dirty. I bought a GE profile refrigerator from the Woodstock Home depot a year ago. It has a water filter on it. Grant told me after three weeks, the water out of my refrigerator is dirtier than my tap water. He said it was because of bacteria build up. He went on to tell me I would save money on cleaning supplies because pure water is the best cleaning agent. He would clean one of my mirrors with his filtered water. Then move his fingers across it, showing me that it puts a protective covering on it, preventing smearing. Next test was water hardness test, in which my tap water tested hard. I have worked on the plumbing in my home. The pipes have been there for twenty five years. I bought a washer and drier from you and had to move the connections down to the basement. There was no build up in the pipes.
I was sold at first. I really did not know too much about water. Grant told me NASA and Starbucks uses there unit to clean their water. The price was $8000.00 with a five year supply of soap worth $8000.00. They installed the unit. It had big salt blocks in a container. I am glad I do not have high blood pressure.
Two days later, I began feeling buyer's remorse. I thought about all what just happened. I went to the Rainsoft place of operation. The first person I saw was Sarah. Yes, the same Sarah that works for you on the weekends and the one who took my name and number. I asked her, "I thought you worked at Home Depot." Sarah said in an uncomfortable voice, "I work there on the weekends." In my head I thought to myself, "This is just not ethical." During my visit at Rainsoft place of business, there were two sales people, at different times, trying to resell me on the water purifier. The pressure was intense in which they made me feel guilty for not keeping the water purifier. I had my common sense keeping me from giving in to this nonsense. Since three days have not passed yet, they had to remove the water purifier.
The next day the same guy who installed the water purifier showed up to remove it. He also tried to talk me into keeping the unit. He even went as low as to using biblical pestilent end times in revelations as a reason for keeping the unit. Fear is not a logical reason for buying anything.
Now, how do I feel about Home Depot after this event? I do not like how Rainsoft road into my home on top of Home Depot's coat tail. What I mean by this is the trust I had for you, was used in an attempted scam. The unit is not even NSF certified. I have bought several expensive things from a washer and dryer to a complete kitchen with all the appliances. I deserve to be treated better than this. I feel angry that Home Depots management agreed to let this go on in there store. Do you back this product up? Rainsoft said you did. If this is true, I feel the name Home Depot is nothing but a name to me now. To Home Depots management, to feel as I do, you should ask Rainsoft to test your own home water yourself. This may show how your customer's hard earned money is being taken. I got out before the three days was up, but many do not.12a0ce04 review #337959
You may also like
- "I saw in the ad they had 6-cube cubbies on sale for $19.99, normally $29.99. I wanted to get a couple of those plus some other things, so I drove..."
- "I paid Home Depot $40,000 to redo the roof & skylights last summer & it has been a nightmare now for 8 months. Home Depot has not touched any of..."
- "Product ordered: new dishwasher Installation: paid in full. Issue: On 12/15/2013 Home Depot delivery service came to haul, deliver and install dishwasher. While removing old dishwasher in forceful way, Home Depot personnel..."
- "First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation is a deceptive operation, after paying my monthly payment I needed repair on my furnace, they sent their company out that tried to fault..."
- "RANDY L HARRIS, STEVE CUNNINGHAM (HARVARD ATTORNEY) | ACTION DISMISSED BY US DISTRICT COURT | Georgia, DAWSONVILLE and ALPHARETTA Complaints - EQUUS RESOURCES, INC. - UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURTUNITED STATES..."
- "I ordered flowers to be delivered to my studio. E-Florist sent me a email confirming my order. I waited all day for the flowers to arrive, that I needed for..."
- "This Kroger is located in a "low-moderate income" area. I'm appauled at what I see on the shelves in the meat department at this store! It's on Roosevelt in Little..."
- "Furniture is garbage at best. DECEPTIVE SALES PRACTICE! *** artists, ***. Never again. City and Ashley are the same company. Never with them again. Shady shady shady. Did NOT DISCLOSE..."
- "On Feb.28,2015 I was in Rainbow with a friend shopping and I tried on a pair of pants it had two different security pins in it while trying the pants..."