Last week I was with my son at the Kennesaw Home Depot store shopping for some items for my home. I was approached by a young blond named Sarah wearing an orange apron asking me about my water and do I use a purifier. I gave her my name, address, and phone number. Later that day, I was called on my phone to set up an appointment for an in home water test.
A couple of days later, a sales man shows up at my door. The sells man works for Rainsoft. He sets everything up with my tap water on one side of the counter and his filtered water on the other. He tried to show me how my water is hard and dirty. He would mix soap with the different water samples and shake the containers. His water would foam up and my tap water would not. He told me that the soap was busy cleaning the water and this is the reason for the lack of foam in my water. I researched the real reason for the lack of foam. It's due to the minerals in the water, not being dirty. I bought a GE profile refrigerator from the Woodstock Home depot a year ago. It has a water filter on it. Grant told me after three weeks, the water out of my refrigerator is dirtier than my tap water. He said it was because of bacteria build up. He went on to tell me I would save money on cleaning supplies because pure water is the best cleaning agent. He would clean one of my mirrors with his filtered water. Then move his fingers across it, showing me that it puts a protective covering on it, preventing smearing. Next test was water hardness test, in which my tap water tested hard. I have worked on the plumbing in my home. The pipes have been there for twenty five years. I bought a washer and drier from you and had to move the connections down to the basement. There was no build up in the pipes.
I was sold at first. I really did not know too much about water. Grant told me NASA and Starbucks uses there unit to clean their water. The price was $8000.00 with a five year supply of soap worth $8000.00. They installed the unit. It had big salt blocks in a container. I am glad I do not have high blood pressure.
Two days later, I began feeling buyer's remorse. I thought about all what just happened. I went to the Rainsoft place of operation. The first person I saw was Sarah. Yes, the same Sarah that works for you on the weekends and the one who took my name and number. I asked her, "I thought you worked at Home Depot." Sarah said in an uncomfortable voice, "I work there on the weekends." In my head I thought to myself, "This is just not ethical." During my visit at Rainsoft place of business, there were two sales people, at different times, trying to resell me on the water purifier. The pressure was intense in which they made me feel guilty for not keeping the water purifier. I had my common sense keeping me from giving in to this nonsense. Since three days have not passed yet, they had to remove the water purifier.
The next day the same guy who installed the water purifier showed up to remove it. He also tried to talk me into keeping the unit. He even went as low as to using biblical pestilent end times in revelations as a reason for keeping the unit. Fear is not a logical reason for buying anything.
Now, how do I feel about Home Depot after this event? I do not like how Rainsoft road into my home on top of Home Depot's coat tail. What I mean by this is the trust I had for you, was used in an attempted scam. The unit is not even NSF certified. I have bought several expensive things from a washer and dryer to a complete kitchen with all the appliances. I deserve to be treated better than this. I feel angry that Home Depots management agreed to let this go on in there store. Do you back this product up? Rainsoft said you did. If this is true, I feel the name Home Depot is nothing but a name to me now. To Home Depots management, to feel as I do, you should ask Rainsoft to test your own home water yourself. This may show how your customer's hard earned money is being taken. I got out before the three days was up, but many do not.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Rainsoft Water Purifier
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "Why would you let an employee where a hat to put down OUR AMERICA!!! Really?? Don't worry, I will never shop your store agian since you are agianst my..."
- "Had outside doors measured and installed. Argued with the Home Depot Mgr who measured the opening that I did not need doors cut down. Treaded me like..."
- "Home depot was hired to install their flooring Allure Vinyl by Trafficmaster, Made by Halstead. We did our whole brand new home in this floor 1400 sq ft, It is..."
- "I take my daughter once a week to McDonalds. McDonald's had the Happy Meal advertised for $1. I ordered my food. The cashier processed order more than $1...."
- "I think there has been some misunderstanding on your part, so let me clarify: We have never claimed this to be structural damage The fact that this is a 14 year old..."
- "I had an appointment scheculed for 9am on Thursday the 24th for an oil change. Once I saw them pull my vehicle around to the bay area, my friend and..."
- "after placing an order on their website, I made payment of the latter with my Visa card, but has lazada deny this payment, so I ask them why? And I hit a..."
- "I attend 24 Hour Fitness Club at 6380 West Sunset Blvd. Hollywood, CA 90028. The showers and lockers are in need of repair and maintenance. Please repair the following: 1) lockers..."
- "Ordered item listed by Kaje722 on eBay 8/24 with USPS Priority delivery date of 8/29. Purchased this item after reviewing sellers positive feedback. That listing stated item to be..."