Home Depot - Lack of customer service and lying
Dear wonderful Home Depot :
To who it may concern I would like to share my concern with your customer service at the Home depot in the Missoula city. I am a General contractor from California and work with your customer service as well as the store manager on issues at my home store in San Luis Obispo, Atascadero and as well in Santa Maria. I have to tell you I have never meet such an individual as the store manager you have in Missoula , Orrion French who flat out lies to your face and tells you he will do anything to please you. His actions and the lies he tells you provide the proof he is not customer service oriented.
I am telling you this information first so you will understand what I have been dealing with for the last three weeks. I am in the town of Annaconda working on a one and only master bathroom for my aunt, with my dad, and his two other brothers. This required installing new drain lines, new copper lines, new flooring new framing, new insulation, new bathroom fan, new cast iron Kholer bath tub and new Swanstone surround. All of these materials were purchased at Home Depot with no hesitation. Now the fun starts. The tub was ordered along with the Swanstone tub surround on 9th of August 2010 with your sales associate Greg Bennett at your Missoula Home Depot. We asked for a time frame for delivery Greg at that moment said let me call and ask, he call your distributor on the phone who stated that 5 – 7 days it would arrive as its destination. The Swanstone tub surround would arrive 2 weeks later. Ok Greg asked so it may arrive by Friday but possibly by Monday, but definitely would arrive on Monday. The distributor on the phone said yes that is correct. The order was placed and the time frame seemed to be working with the timing on the bathroom work. Greg did not post on the order under notes who he talked, when the time or the date when he talked with them, big mistake.
Friday came and went, Monday, Tuesday then on Wednesday 18th of August 2010 at 1:35pm we called Home Depot and asked where was our tub that was supposed to be delivered. They, fist Phill who was working in the department and later Orrion French asked for the order number to check on the order and to talk and ask the distributor about the order. Now I would assume that they would pull up the invoice and read the entire invoice – especially the notes at the bottom that stated ship the tub as soon as possible. It was in stock when we ordered and was still in stock when Phill and Orrion French called and inquired. We were told by your store manager Orrion French that the tub was placed on hold waiting for the delivery of the tub surround and that they are going to ship just the tub it and it will take two weeks to reach us now. Now I have dry wall installers asking if they can start work, and I have no cast iron tub to install – to finish drywall down to continue with the progress of the bathroom. I was told by Phill and by Orrion French that there is no way that Home Depot can get the tub any quicker than two weeks. I asked and inquired no you can overnight, expedite or express ship anything you want – please help me out and get it expedited so I can continue my project. Again your representatives told me there are no way they can get it any quicker than two weeks.
On Thursday, mad about the situation that the project is in – since in two weeks my vacation / work helping my aunt would be over my dad and I drove 120 miles 1:45 mins to get to Missoula to confront your representatives who were pushing me off. Orrion French and Phill of coarse are unreachable at the moment so at 8:15 am we start the scenario over with a new representative Tanya Kuhl. Who after a little bit of time actually has a good head on her shoulders and is very will to help customers in the store. Big help – she tells us let's call the vender and find out what is going on. So she calls and finds out that they did send it out regular shipment- no express or no send this out rush. Nice Phill and Orrion French you did me a big favor. She asked if the tub could be returned and shipped faster, the distributor stated that it was just put on the truck and the truck had not left but was still being loaded. She was also informed we could overnight ship it, rush or expedite ship it to the store in Missoula and was amazed that Phill or Orrion French did not offer this to us.
For the next 4hrs, yes my dad and I stayed there in the Missoula Home Depot to get this tub – it was that important. We worked asked questions, inquired and waited for responses from the distributor and from Tanya kuhl the Home Depot representative on the availability of the tub getting shipped faster. So from 8:15 am until 12:15pm my dad and I worked with Tanya to get this tub. Orrion French realized that Tanya was helping us with our order, 9:30am in the store, that he messed up and told us "oh good Tanya is helping you, she will do right by you and get your tub quickly – no worries". What in the world does Orrion French do in Home Depot besides hide out and just walk around? Placed and expressed over night order with your vender made possible through Tanya and Jill in your ordering and express shipping department. No at 12:15pm the order was in, it was approved and agreed by Home Depot that the distributor would pick up a large portion of the cost to ship the tub since they made the mistake and did not read the paperwork to send the tub. Home Depot would pick up a small portion of the cost to ship the tub. No the really fun part - 15 minutes later ( after we did some banking) while going for some lunch thinking that the tub issue was resolved and that we received a call from Orrion French the store manager that he personally canceled the order and that the tub would arrive 5 – 7 days from today. I told him you have to be kidding do you understand how much work we did to get the tub by Friday. He told me, you will just have to wait – that is the best we can do, but we could refund you money and give you +10 % and you could go order from Lowe's. Let me understand this correctly first you mess up my order, don't help me when you are at fault then you are paying me to go to your competitors' because your unable to fulfill an order, interesting. I really wonder how often Orrion French does this because he was sure quick to offer this.
On that note I am still waiting for my tub that should have arrived 5 – 7 days and thinking that Orrion French needs to be fired from Home Depot and that Tanya needs to be promoted. I mean all Orrion French did is tell us lies in the store and on the phone. The following picture's show the work order and the order number (note also the notes at the bottom of page) and a picture of the bathroom minus the glorious tub.
At this point I wish to show my concern with others visiting your store. First I will have to give them this letter and they can read the following instructions .
#1. Ask the person you are dealing with how long they have been in the department. In Missula they move people around to cover the different departments. I personally watched ten individuals from other departments work in the kitchen area taking orders and answering questions.
2. Ask the person you are dealing with how long they have been working in the department – more so how long have they been training. A lot of Home Depot employee's get a shotgun introduction to work in the department they are working in – in other words the guy your ordering from may only have 4hrs experience training in their department.
#3. Ask about their name and department number – there may be several phill's in the store and remember that may not be his regular department he works in .
#4. Ask if he or she is going on vacation or what days and hours he or she works. You want to reach them since you have spent hours placing and deciding on your fixtures and their color scheme.
#5. Find out if Orrion French is the store manager or works there or worse your in the Missula Home Depot – if he does run for the hills , your order is going to get messed up and he will stump any progress in you getting your fixtures on time. Go to Lowe's – learn from my recent mistake.
T. Edwards Construction
Credit card holder, Pro products purchaser – how much longer ?
P.S. Maybe others can buy pass Home Depot and go directly to Lowe's and eliminate the headaches that I am having. Maybe even order from their home town building supply shops, which I should be looking in to once I get back home.
If I can find a way to add pics I will add a jpg of the order and the condition of the drywall showing how the bathroom sits now for two weeks ..12566173 review #196178
You may also like
- "Yesterday I had to worst walmart experience ever at check out. the cashier had the worst customer service I have experienced in my life !!!!!!!!! I enjoy couponing and she..."
- "Wal-Mart MISLEADING customers AND REFUSAL to honor price-accuracy scanning-code-of-practice price-accuracy-guaranteeâ€****Dear Sir, 1) We shopped at Wal-Mart [Dufferin 3106] in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on 22April2010. 2) "Oatmeal to Go" -..."
- "2 of Walmart employees Tashaun and Rickey made unauthorized copy of Tahoe key. Later came to my home and stole my SUV taking my 28" rims. Walmart says it's not..."
- "Promised carpet installation (free) with pad if spend over $1200.00 First, the measurements are wrong; re-do; then the installers arrive and they plan to 'glue' the carpet down, no..."
- " WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Avoid like the plague! Do not sign any contracts without your attorney present. Their contracts are one-sided contracts (meaning they do not protect the consumer, but rather the merchant)..."
- "The manager Richard is a Liar. Spend the extra money and go with someone local who is honest in their dealings. We bought a dining set from Oak Express..."
- "I purchased a Sony R520A TV at Costco a week ago. Next to the TV's there was a little stand with tear away sheets offering 6 months free Netflix..."
- "There are no words to express how much I do not recommend to go with this service. They claim to save you money, but there is no goshdarn place to..."
- "Planeteves.com is an online Women's shopping store with the elegant deals, discounts coupons and offers of the world known brands and products. Shop for the best and branded women's Health..."
- "The item NFL Denver Broncos 12 Ounce Wine Glass Set Condition: Used - Very Good - Item will come repackaged. Minor cosmetic imperfection on top, front or sides of item..."
- "We received Literally the last row in the not-soled out auditorium...we paid more than double the orchestra cost and got the worst seats in the house!!!! Went to see..."
- "The reason kung bakit ako nagko-complain kase ilang araw ko ng hinihintay ung parcel ko until now wala pa din. Nung April 15,2015 pa napicked-up ni xend tapos natanggap LBC..."